2/15/2008

Sting on Tantra


Sting is a famous proponent of tantric sex. I ask him to give the frustrated Guardian readers a few tips. He looks indignant and says it's about "a journey", not "fucking for eight hours". OK, I say. "I try to be lighthearted about it," he says, "but at the same time, there is some serious information about couples and how they can relate and sex is only a tiny proportion of it. It's about ritualising a period of the day with your partner; it can be looking at each other, touching each other, running a bath, a massage, deeper levels of connection. Sex is only the surface. Once you really connect, telling the truth, talking, all of that. Tantra is much too complex for me to discuss. But it's about reconnecting with the world of the spirit through everyday things. My church happens to be the person I live with. She is my connection to the sacred. I don't know how that's going to look in print."

What exactly is the spirit?

"I don't know what it is. But it's something I need to connect with on a regular basis and the roots for me are music and my relationships. I don't know what it is. I only have a limited brain. I'm just a human being."

For complete interview by the Guardian UK with Sting on his memoir,Broken Music
http://books.guardian.co.uk/departments/biography/story/0,,1083127,00.html
image: sting and trudi styler




Pin It

No comments: