4/21/2008

Tune Time. Rumi Inspired, Hanging by a Moment?

Feels like a Rumi Verse! or Hafiz or Lalla ....desperate for changing, starving for truth, i don't know what i am diving into......This could be sufi, bhakti or tantra* , and it is not necessarily about another person, ultimately, it is the holy longing, and surrender to the heart, often the result of a rapturous glimpse and taste, of our own union with the divine, an experience that defies description, but songs such as this, sometimes sing its secrets, longings and ecstasy.....the loss of self and joyous, uncontrollable abandon.
T
his is ignited kudalini.......

If we are lucky, a few times in our lifetime, we encounter a muse(they take many forms, a person, a passion, an art, etc) that triggers this same breath taking, stepping outside ourselves, ecstasy.
The secret, and sacred being of another has struck you, and you have struck them, a perfectly, life altering connection, like lightening in its intensity and power. This is your ishta devata, your personal deity, embodied. The world stops.
'I, Me,' is gone, we feel like we are falling, (this is one level of the 'gap' that many of the eastern meditative systems are pursuing.
find the 'gap', and extend it!)Joseph Campbell suggests that when falling we should dive, and the courageous will dive! In open surrender to a wild, unknown adventure...The muse that triggers and illuminates this is a sacred manifestation, a mirror of our own hidden selves and our own untouched potential....a reflection of the beauty, and in time, the not so pretty.
We cannot see something in someone else that does not exist, in some form, within ourselves. This applies to the really cool stuff and the dark, creepy stuff.....
.
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

There's nothing else to lose
There's nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world
That can change my mind
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
There is nothing else


"Hanging by a Moment' practice: close your eyes, and dance sky clad, surrender to the spirit of the whirling dervish....

*Bhakti Yoga is in many ways an exoteric path of the esoteric tantra yoga...the yoga or union of love with the divine, and many a tantric throughout history has hidden behind the more acceptable 'Bhakti' Yoga label. In Bhakti, Tantra, Sufism and many of the esoteric, mystical paths a wild, heart wide open, daring surrender, a 'falling', is required....
**
tantra, vajrayana is for the more passionate natures, not everyone can handle it

Pin It

No comments: